We are currently looking for a Support Engineer to work in our Global Support Team that helps maximize the value of our data-in transit security solutions to our customers. We have a great team of highly experienced and motivated people providing 24 /7 support, and a focused yet relaxed international working environment. There is also a potential for an on-call period which is roughly one week per month. The position is located in Helsinki.
Main job responsibilities:
- Handling and solving support cases from end customers and SSH Solution Partners
- Taking the lead in support cases and communication, acting as the customers’ key point of contact in technical issues and taking the ownership of the customer case lifecycles
- Proactively ensuring that technical issues are handled in a timely and effective manner while keeping partner and customer engineers actively engaged
- Providing on-site customer support services when necessary
- An independent personality with a customer-focused and team player mindset
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills
- Ability to understand and communicate with both technical and business (non-technical) customers
- A proven track-record of taking ownership of issues and following them through to resolution
- Willingness to learn
- Good problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Basic understanding of TCP/IP networking
- Basic understanding of network security technologies and protocols, e.g. Secure Shell (SSH)
- Familiar with Secure file transfer protocols (SFTP, FTPS)
- Technical ability to write file transfer scripts, perform command line/GUI functions, install software, troubleshoot, and give product demonstrations
- Good understanding of large enterprise IT environments and architectures
- Previous experience in QA, software support or software development positions
- Familiarity with PKI products and implementations
- Familiarity with cloud computing
- Unix/Linux/Windows/zOS Server administration experience and networked environments
- Willingness to travel
- Additional language skills (e.g. German, Japanese, Spanish)
- An opportunity to work with some of the best developers and engineers to build world-class cyber security solutions to leading customers
- A global career development path
- Excellent possibilities to learn and grow
- A demanding, motivating, and rewarding working environment
- 100+ fantastic, active colleagues around the world with a wealth of exciting extracurricular activities.
- Competitive salary and benefits including extensive health care, flexible working hours and remote work options, company supported sports activities, gym and sauna on the premises.
SSH.COM. Secure access to your digital core: your critical data, applications and services.
Everyone knows us. Secure Shell is everywhere. It's the bedrock of trusted data flow and the secure transactions that grease the digital economy. We are the company behind it. Ever since inventing Secure Shell in Helsinki 1995, we have been quietly revolutionizing secure access and encryption.
Our business mojo comes from unique insight into the world's most demanding digitally-driven organizations, from our passion for supporting the open source community, and from our monster patent portfolio. We have a hardcore dev culture and we're doggedly customer-driven. We specialize in finding and eliminating the blind spots in living security architecture. Our best-of-breed, rock-solid, scalable, commercial software solutions are designed with love for CISOs, sysadmins and end-users, from massive finance and industrial companies to agile teams and cloud-borne start-ups.
If you have any questions regarding the position, feel free to contact us!