Welcome to the core of digital security. We invented the SSH protocol in 1995 and have been safeguarding the data economy ever since. Our technology is used in over 90% of the world’s data centers, and our solutions are trusted by over 40% of Fortune 500 companies, including the world’s biggest banks and industrials. We don't just build products for the sake of doing something new, we do it to solve real-life challenges in the critical functions of our society. The company’s shares (SSH1V) are quoted on the NASDAQ OMX Helsinki.
A Quality Engineer has technical and project expertise and works to drive and support quality. QEs plan and execute tests that build confidence and reduce risk. They test high priority features whilst ensuring timely delivery. QEs communicate issues with efficiency and clarity.
You will be part of our growing testing team located in Helsinki, Finland. In this position you will work closely with our developers. Your main responsibilities are to further improve our test automation, test environment and processes, performing manual testing to ensure that our products reach the maturity and quality that our customers expect from us. The majority of your work will focus on testing new product features and release testing. You will have the opportunity to excel and develop your expertise.
You will be part of a great team of highly experienced and motivated people, in a focused but relaxed international working environment.
Main job responsibilities:
- Ensuring the quality of the development work done by your software developer colleagues
- Collaborating with agile development teams
- Developing and maintaining test automation
- Automating common and repeatable tasks
- Controlling the quality of software releases and managing upcoming releases
- Further developing the test environments and QA process for our products as a member of a dedicated quality assurance team
- Good knowledge of software testing processes and practices in general
- Experience working with different operating systems, such as Linux or Windows
- Technical skills for developing and maintaining test cases
- Python scripting skills
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Basic understanding of network security technologies and protocols, e.g. Secure Shell (SSH)
- Familiar with source control solutions such as GIT
- Familiar with JIRA
- Ability to adapt to multicultural environment
- Proactiveness, curiosity and commitment
- Good project management and coordination skills
- A positive attitude and good team skills
- Excellent communication and English skills
- Experience using Robot Framework
- Previous experience in QA, software support or software development positions
- Experience using Git and Gitlab
- Bash scripting skills
- General understanding of agile software development practices
- Unix/Linux/Windows Server administration experience and networked environments
- An opportunity to work with some of the best developers and engineers to build world-class cyber security solutions to leading customers
- A global career development path
- Excellent possibilities to learn and grow
- A demanding, motivating, and rewarding working environment
- Competitive salary and benefits including extensive health care, flexible working hours and remote work options, company supported sports activities, gym and sauna on the premises
About SSH SSH.COM. Secure access to your digital core: your critical data, applications and services. Everyone knows us. Secure Shell is everywhere. It's the bedrock of trusted data flow and the secure transactions that grease the digital economy. We are the company behind it. Ever since inventing Secure Shell in Helsinki 1995, we have been quietly revolutionizing secure access and encryption. Our business mojo comes from unique insight into the world's most demanding digitally-driven organizations, from our passion for supporting the open source community, and from our monster patent portfolio. We have a hardcore dev culture and we're doggedly customer-driven. We specialize in finding and eliminating the blind spots in living security architecture. Our best-of-breed, rock-solid, scalable, commercial software solutions are designed with love for CISOs, sysadmins and end-users, from massive finance and industrial companies to agile teams and cloud-borne start-ups. If you have any questions regarding the position, you can contact our recruiting manager.