It all started with one man who wanted to make the world safer.
After a password-sniffing attack at his university network, Tatu Ylönen designed the first version of the Secure Shell (SSH) protocol. 25 years later the internet as we know is largely managed using it. Today, SSH.COM is a cybersecurity boutique that continues to protect highly valuable superuser access and data in all its forms. We are committed to helping our customers secure their business in the age of hybrid cloud and distributed IT. Our Zero Trust solutions offer safe electronic communications, secure access to and between servers. Excited for our future, we’ve got a great mission and vision to empower our teams in North America, Europe, and Asia to ensure customer success and to make a difference. Now you can be a part of our journey too.
We are looking for a Solutions Architect to join our great team of highly experienced and motivated people.
Your focus will be on professional services engagements – such as system deployments and consulting projects - to help our customers maximize the value of our security solutions. In this role you will serve as a highly skilled subject matter expert (SME) regarding SSH products (full product training will be provided). You will also support pre-sales activities and customer support colleagues.
Your homebase will be at our US New York Office and your daily work will require frequent travel.
Specific job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Customer and Partner Product Training
- Technical account management
- Product installs and configuration
- Integration scripts working with SSH product Rest APIs
Key job qualifications:
- 3+ years of experience in a Linux system administration or engineering role in an enterprise environment.
- Considerable expertise in Unix shell scripting and with other programming languages such as Python or Perl.
- Good knowledge of enterprise systems management tools (e.g. Jump-hosts, CMDB, SIEM, Load Balancers, configuration management)
- IT Security & Project Management related professional qualification(s) is a plus but not essential
- Bachelor’s degree in information systems, Computer science, Computer Engineering, Engineering or Physical science (preferred but not essential)
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- The opportunity to work in a team of highly experienced and motivated engineers
- Excellent possibilities to learn and deep dive into IT security
- A chance to make a difference - we are open to your ideas
- Hybrid working – we value both your flexibility and our time together
The position is open for applications only until a suitable candidate is found. If you have any questions, please contact VP Global Professional Services and Partnerships David Wishart, email@example.com.
SSH helps organizations safeguard their mission-critical digital assets at rest, in transit and in use. We have 5,000+ customers worldwide, including 40 percent of Fortune 500 companies, and major organizations in Finance, Government, Retail and Industrial segment. The company’s shares (SSH1V) are listed on Nasdaq OMX Helsinki. www.ssh.com.